Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A Week Without Cable

So it has been a little more than a week without cable. Now to give you a little background, I have had cable all of my life. We just didn't slowly wean ourselves from digital to classic to basic, we completely cut the cord so to speak! I now have one channel and its not even the one I like. In fact, the only time I ever watched CBS was during football season! I must report that this has gone way better then I suspected. Ella still occasionally asks for PBS Kids but I think she is trying to find other things to do. I knew that she was watching to much TV, but it was much to easy to turn it on, especially when I was having a particulary hard day with her. I think the transition has really helped us out. I would recommend anyone doing this. I mean we were TV watchers! Especially cable channels. It helps that we are heading into the summer months, but I am thankful that God gave me the strength to cut out something that I really think was an idol in our lives. Maybe now I can use that sewing machine!

1 comment:

johnson6 said...

Congratulations! Summer is easy without cable, but football season is rough! I was on facebook earlier, and tried to message you that I updated my blog but you left while I was typing. Then I noticed you posted on my blog. We are playing cat and mouse in cyberspace. Freaky!